Our National Parks are the greatest!
Scroll down and enjoy some posts where I have worked
- KATMAI NATIONAL PARK & PRESERVE (2010) Five summer months in the Alaska bush working for the National Park Service; grizzly bears feeding on sockeye salmon migrating up Brooks River; the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes and a final backpack to Novarupta, the site of the world's largest volcanic eruption of the 20th century. Plus lots of really annoying flying, biting insects.
- KENAI FJORDS NATIONAL PARK (2010) Four days in Seward on my way home from Katmai - Exit and Aialik Glaciers, halibut cheeks, and the Seward Scenic Highway.
- POINT REYES NATIONAL SEASHORE (2011) Up close and personal with the San Andreas Fault; tectonic plates on the move.
- GULF ISLANDS NATIONAL SEASHORE (2011)
- GREAT BASIN NATIONAL PARK (2010) Lehman Caves and the second tallest peak in Nevada.
- CEDAR BREAKS NATIONAL MONUMENT
- ZION NATIONAL PARK
- YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK (2011) My first summer with our first national park, living and loving life above one of the largest, active volcanoes on the planet (I also returned for the summers of 2012-2013-2014-2015).
- AN HISTORICAL POST CELEBRATING THE 140TH BIRTHDAY OF YELLOWSTONE
- YOHO NATIONAL PARK --- A series written in 2011 on my journey to the Burgess Shale in July/August 2005